“While the rest of Europe is cold and dreary, experience some of the most formidable avant garde musicians in the world and stay in a gorgeous design hotel located on a clifftop in the middle of the Atlantic Ocean. This intimate festival on the mountainous volcanic island of Madeira features a stunning and unsurpassable line-up, a landscape to match and wonderful spring temperatures. With a limited capacity of 150 guests, this intimate ‘Festival’ is set to be a magical and adventurous experience for music lovers. In 2014 with:
• Tony Conrad (US)
• Aaron Dilloway (US)
• Julianna Barwick (US)
• Lawrence English (AU)
• Joana Gama & Luís Fernandes (PT)
• Lee Gamble & Dave Gaskarth (UK)
• Transflora by Suga (PT)
• Lucrecia Dalt (Col)
• patten (UK)
• plants and empire by Christina Ertl, Derek Shirley & Pierce Warnecke (AT/CA/US)
• DJs : errorsmith (DE), Conor Thomas (UK), Thomas Bücker & Michael Rosen (DE)
• Friends & Family Night (DJs) with Clara Hill, Manuela Benetton, Jens Balzer, Christian Peters and more.
The MADEIRADIG Festival is a unique adventure in extraordinary music. Each December the Portuguese island – celebrated as a ‘paradise island’ and ‘floating garden’ – is transformed into a hotbed of digital art and culture. This is an avant garde journey through the world of serious music.
MMIFF Festival 2014
Only one day after we continue the journey with the third edition of our MMIFF Festival which runs from December 10th to 13th, 2014. Fantastic, fictional, and surreal films will be shown in our 100-year-old Art Deco cinema which is crowned by a roof terrace with an impressive view of the Atlantic Ocean. http://www.mmiff.com